Nik$ Scheme T&C
Terms & Conditions | Nik$ scheme T&C
Personal Data Protection Act 2012
Niks Professional Pte Ltd and its affiliates are committed to ensuring that the personal data they collect adhere to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
NIK$ Terms & Conditions
- The NIK$ scheme is designed to work with both Niks Maple Clinics and Niks Shop Salons seamlessly. In order to offer collection and redemption of NIK$ in Niks Maple Clinics, the scheme must be integrated into the clinic system. Since the clinics are required by law to keep records with full NRIC numbers, NIK$ members are identified by full NRIC numbers. Consent to the collection of full NRIC number as identifier is thus a pre-requisite for joining the NIK$ scheme.
- If you do not consent to the collection of full NRIC numbers, we will not be able to enrol you in the NIK$ scheme. You can, of course, purchase any of our products or consume any of our services without having to reveal your NRIC number.
- With $100 spent in a single receipt (valid for 1 month) at any Niks Shop Salon or Niks Maple Clinic, you are eligible to participate in the Nik$ scheme. This first receipt shall not earn any Nik$. A Niks Maple Clinic receipt can only be used to sign up the patient whose name appears on the receipt.
- Application forms with compulsory fields (*) not filled in or Terms & Conditions not acknowledged shall not be processed. Completed application will be processed by the next working day.
- Every net $10 purchase of Niks skin care products in any Niks Shop Salon or Niks Maple Clinic earns 1 Nik$. For example, net purchase of $9 earns 0 Nik$; of $12 earns 1 Nik$; of $38 earns 3 Nik$.
- Nik$ are automatically issued for every qualified purchase after application has been activated. Requests to split a purchase into more than one receipt or void the purchase after billing has been completed, so as to maximize the Nik$ earned shall not be entertained.
- Nik$ earned shall be automatically used from the following day to pay for purchases of Niks skin care products at any Niks Shop Salon or Niks Maple Clinic at the rate of 1 Nik$ = $1, up to the full price of the purchase. Nik$ earned from a purchase cannot be used to pay for that same purchase. It is our policy to use as many Nik$ as possible in the purchaser's account to pay for each purchase.
- Earned Nik$ may be credited into the account of any Nik$ member at the election of the person making the purchase. No ID need to be produced. The purchase will be reflected in the history of the person earning the Nik$. However, to use Nik$ to pay for a purchase, the original NRIC/FIN/Passport/driving licence/patient card of the account holder must be presented without exception. Patient card is applicable for clinic use only.
- The Nik$ scheme is an in-store scheme. All off-store purchases, for example online purchases or overseas purchases via email, shall not earn Nik$; nor can Nik$ be used to pay for such purchases.
- Every Nik$ is valid for use for a period of one year from the date of issue. Nik$ not used within one year of issue shall automatically expire and be cancelled. No notice of expiry shall be sent. Validity of Nik$ cannot be extended for any reason (for example, not being able to use before expiry because of absence from Singapore, not being reminded of expiry or because of medical conditions).
- Every purchase receipt shall indicate your Nik$ balance and the current Nik$ earned. No regular statements of Nik$ balance, earned, used or expiration shall be sent; nor will reminders be sent for soon-to-expire Nik$. You are not entitled to compensation for expired Nik$ on any ground (for example, not being aware of or not having been informed of the expiry).
- Nik$ are not exchangeable for cash or credit. They are also not transferrable for any reason (for example, request to transfer to friends because Nik$ are expiring and account holder is not in Singapore to use them).
- Payment using Nik$ cannot be made by combining more than one Nik$ accounts, even if all the original IDs are produced.
- For exchange of products purchased with the first signup receipt, any top-up amount resulting from the exchange shall not earn Nik$.
- In the event of a credit adjustment or refund, the previously earned Nik$ shall be returned to us. Should such cancellation of previously earned Nik$ result in a negative Nik$ balance, subsequent earned Nik$ shall be applied to make up the shortfall first before they can be used to pay for purchase. If the Nik$ used to pay for the previous purchase has expired by the time the credit adjustment or refund is made, such Nik$ shall be cancelled and not be refunded, regardless of the reasons for the credit adjustment or refund.
- A Nik$ member may terminate her account by telephone or in writing (letter, feedback form or email).
- If the Nik$ account balance remains at zero (0) Nik$ for a continuous period of two (2) years, it will automatically close.
- We reserve the right to:
- correct or revise Nik$ earned due to computational or recording errors.
- interpret the terms and conditions of the Nik$ scheme.
- revise the terms and conditions of the Nik$ scheme or terminate it altogether.
- reject any application for the Nik$ scheme (e.g. duplicate, invalid or forged receipt, incomplete details).
As you may be aware, the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC) has announced new measures to restrict private entities from collecting full NRIC numbers from the public. Here we wish to explain our position on this matter with regard to the NIK$ scheme.
The NIK$ scheme is designed to work with both Niks Maple Clinics and Niks Shop Salons seamlessly. In order to offer collection and redemption of NIK$ in Niks Maple Clinics, the scheme must be integrated into the clinic system. Under the law, the clinics are required to collect full NRIC numbers from patients (NB: this legal requirement takes precedence over the new PDPC measures). It follows that NIK$ members are also identified by full NRIC numbers.
If this were not so, we would have needed two NIK$ systems, one for Niks Maple Clinics and one for Niks Shop Salons. This would mean NIK$ collected in the clinics cannot be redeemed in the shops, and vice versa. It would also mean the clinics would not be able to view the patients’ purchases of skin care products in the shops. These would have defeated the intended complementarity between Niks Maple Clinics and Niks Shop Salons.
We have therefore decided to retain full NRIC number as identifier for NIK$ membership. This is allowed under the new PDPA measures, provided that consent to the collection of full NRIC number has been obtained. Further, while the PDPA guidelines require companies not to unreasonably demand production of NRIC as a condition for selling goods or providing services, the NIK$ scheme is not a pre-requisite for purchasing our goods or services. Non-members are free to purchase our products or consume our services, but without the discounts accorded to NIK$ members.
In the light of the new PDPC measures, we invite you to rethink the use of your full NRIC number as identifier for your NIK$ membership. If you do not consent to such use, please let us know immediately and we shall be pleased to arrange for your exit from the scheme and remove all your shop records. You may call us at 62941802/2136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or approach any of our shop staff. If you elect to remain in the scheme, you shall be deemed to have consented to the use of full NRIC number as identifier.
While we, for reasons set out above, are unable to do away with full NRIC number as identifier for the NIK$ scheme, we shall do our best to minimize the use of NRIC for NIK$ transactions.
With immediate effect, you may assign the NIK$ you earn to any NIK$ member by giving us any information that sufficiently enable us to locate the member in our system. This could be name, telephone number or email address. If multiple results appear on our screen, we may require further information to narrow down that NIK$ member. You do not have to scan NRIC if you do not wish to.
For redemption, we have to be more careful because we have a duty to ensure that NIK$ is not fraudulently redeemed. If you do not wish to show your NRIC, we can accept telephone number. Our staff will make a call to the number to verify that you are indeed the owner of the NIK$ you want to redeem. You should therefore have the correct mobile phone with you.
We hope to have your continued support for the NIK$ scheme. If you wish to contact PDPC, you can call them at 6377 3131.