A chemical peel is a treatment in which an acid solution is applied to the skin to remove the outermost layer for skin rejuvenation.
- It corrects the dull, sallow look of the skin, improving clarity and brightness, which results in a more evenly toned complexion. Although no treatment can claim to truly shrink pores, this will unclog pores and make them appear smaller.
- It rejuvenates skin by restoring texture and vitality to the skin surface.
- It increases the water-trapping elements in the dermis of the skin. This replenishes the skin’s water content, increase skin hydration and smooths the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, with the correct use of daily skincare product regimen.
- It promotes acceleration of cell rejuvenation,brightens the complexion, aids anti-aging and lightens hyper-pigmentation. It also provides better penetration of the daily skin care products to achieve better results.
Within the next few days, the face may be red or feels dry. You may not see any obvious skin peeling. However, the skin will feel smoother by one week.
- The skin should be cleansed gently and appropriate treatment products should be used in conjunction with home skincare regime.
- Do not scratch or try peeling off any skin flaks.
- Use a sunblock and avoid the sun whenever possible.
At Niks, we use glycolic acid peel, which is the safest peel available. There will hardly be any complication besides the occasional slight burnt on broken or dry skin which will recover in a week's time.
Chemical peels may not improve flushing of the skin, chronic old scars, deep wrinkles or sagging skin within a short period of time. Laser procedures of other forms of surgery may be needed in such conditions.